Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The worst way to start out day

on Tuesday's I wake up crazy early, get myself ready, then wake up Leópold, take him to Rakal's house then drive to Reykjavík for my 8:20 class.
The drive always takes much longer on Tuesdays because as soon as I get to Hafnafjörður I hit the morning traffic and basically crawl the rest of the way to school.
But today was icy, and it was my first time driving on ice. So, despite my new winter tires I lost control of the car going around a corner, slide into a light post and put a small dent in the car.
Not to big of a deal. Only broke one signal light and did not even have to stop the car, not that I could have if I wanted to. I made to to Rakal's with Leópold safe and sound, inspected the damage, swore a bit then drove to school.
Now the car make a funny noise when I turn right. I think it is the dented in part rubbing on the wheel or something like that.
Good news is that the stalling problem seems to have been fixed by the accident. Before today the engine light came on every time I was slowing town and turning a corner at the same time. After the light turned on the car would stall, about 3 times a day. It did not actually bother me because I have mastered putting the car into neutral and restarting it before it really even slowed down and never even gets to stopping. But I am still happy that the problem seems to have disappeared.
Now your probably thinking that my car sounds like a piece of crap, and your right, but it is my car, I own it, it passed inspection and its pretty good on gas!
(should also mention the speedometer doesn't work but  am really good at *matching the speed of traffic* now, whatever speed that may be)

No comments:

Post a Comment