Thursday, August 23, 2012

Missing David

My husband came back from the fishing trip only to leave right away to pick up our newest couch for the collection. It is from Grindavik. The plan was to tie it to the top of the car. Its been an hour so I am starting to get worried. Maybe the car rolled, and my new couch is dirty.

Yesterday was crazy. School started, and you know what that means - time to sign up for everything in one day.

Heres a bit of the craziness-

  • Meet with the teachers
  • Listen to assemblies
  • Try to find school nurse, failed.
  • Left a message for nurse with allergies list
  • Signed the boys up for school lunches. 
  • Called skolamatur to make sure they received the doctors note, they had not
  • Sent note again
  • Waited and received conformation 
  • Enrolled Stefan in Scouts
  • Enrolled Kasper in gymnastics after talking to the instructor about what level would be best for him.
  • Enrolled Stefan in advanced gymnastics
  • Enrolled Leopold in toddler gymnastics
 And after all that we still hosted three couchsurfers.

Today was only slightly better after heading to Reykjavik for the day. I was on my way to treat myself to a galazy tablet - only to have David talk me out of it as I stood outside the store. Picked up my retainer, paid a small fortune and vowed to never go back to that dentist again, Bought some super healthy food from health food stores. Tried to go visit my sister in law, she was not home. Bought Stefan new shoes and went grocery shopping. Then I dragged all this crap home on the bus. After walking from Hlemmur, to the pond then to BSI in the rain. With lots of stuff.
Actually this part of the day sucked.

Came home to send Stefan off to Scouts, pick up Leopold and greet an American family who will be staying with us the next couple of days. They have a 12 year old son who also plays minecraft, could be Kaspers long lost  twin brother, if I didnt know better.

And after all this, my husband is still missing. I do hope he gets home soon. Dinner is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment