Sunday, August 19, 2012

it's almost over


I have to say, this has been one of the most amazing summers.

Leópold has grown so much, sometimes I can hardly recognize him. His English is coming along beautifully and he is becoming so much fun. Even his big brothers like playing with him. A sure sign of how much he has grown up this summer is that now he is actually excited to go to school. Last year he dreaded school and even over most of the summer was telling me how he was not going back, but now he loves it. At night we can even use the fact he has school in the morning as something to make him want to go to sleep.

Stefán has really enjoyed the summer but is looking forward to starting school again. Bad news is that he has seen better days. We went in for a check up and to ask about this chicken allergy he seems to have - I mean seriously he coughs when he eats and sometimes, like when he has chicken, his throat swells up. So they tested him and say he is allergic to all grains (wheat ect) all fish (everything except mussels, they are ok), all dairy, chicken, eggs, cows, dogs, sesame seeds, SOY - basically everything. In fact we got the test results and he tested positive in everything except horse and mussel allergy's. Everything else was positive. So we have an immunologist appointment on Friday. Until then we eat rice and drink rice milk.

Kasper is nervous about school. I think he will be happy to go back but the past week he has been bouncing off the walls. We are also on a waiting list for him to get a doctor. I hate the health care system.
Kasper has spent a lot of time this sumar drawing anime. Its a new hobby of his and we are happy for him.

Davíð is doing great at work. They are evening going on a fishing trip this week, I am excited for them. Not that I like fishing, but I do like the odd get away. I hear there will be good food.
So no husband here means party at my house?

I have been keeping so busy its crazy. I am back into the couchsurfing and stuffing my living room with families from all over the world. I have nearly all my school books and am considering buying a tablet for dictionary purposes. May also be used for farmville on the bus, but I would never admit to buying a tablet for that. I am exploding in excitement to start school.

Peter. Davíð's cousin whom is currently staying with us is driving me a little crazy - but isnt that what family's for?

Rósa is doing great except they broke her spare claw. Its a little sad but I am waiting for her to chew it off herself. Dogs are good doctors.

Gerbils are all still around and having a great time chewing up the cardboard of the house.

The fish as living a little safer now that we found a new home for the killer angel fish. Although the aquarium looks very very empty......

I hope my friends are all doing well, but I have to admit I wouldn't know for sure seeing as I have not kept in contact with anyone. Its getting to the point that I would feel bad calling.

The apartment reno's are going great! I am so excited to have it emptied out and get to redesigning!

I hope one of these days some of my Canadian family makes it out to see the life I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment