Thursday, April 28, 2011

Worst Day Ever

This day was actually last Wednesday and it has actually taken me an entire week to soak it in.

Stefán wanted to sleep over at his friends house so I walked with him over there thinking I could talk to the parents in person, get a good feeling for them and leave my son there, confident he would be fine.

We arrived at this boys house and his Dad answered. I introduced myself and explained why I was there and things got ugly from there.
he said: I said it was fine, he can sleep over
I said, I understand, I just thought I would talk to you first
he said: what? you want to come in or something?
he kinda scared me, ok, he really scared me
I said: no, I dont think so
and I left feeling rather stressed out and trying to find a way to explain to Stefán that I dont think I feel comfortable with him sleeping over there.

Then I walked to Húsasmíjan to buy gardening supplies and while in line to pay, the wheel fell off my stroller. Seriously. So I paid for my stuff then sat around for an hour while these super nice guys that work at Húsasmíðjan fixed my stroller. It took and hour and Leópold slept through it all on the floor, amazing.

I was so happy when they fixed it and refused to take any payment I started walking home with a smile on my face, then the wheel fell off again. So I dragged the thing to the bus stop and took the bus home.

After I got home I talked to my inlaws and it turns out that we had very different plans for Easter. Davíð told me we were staying out there for 4 days, and I had already packed, but it all turned out great in the end, just some small stress on Wednesday because I no longer had any idea what was going on for Easter.

Then I was waiting for Davíð to get home from work so I could leave for class, he usually gets home at 5 and I have class at 6. It takes about 40 min. to walk there.

I called Davíð at 5:30, his work was having a pizza party.

He got home at 5:50, just enough time to drive me to school.

Then I studied Icelandic for 2 hours in school.

On the bright side, everything turned out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment