Saturday, March 19, 2011

Skattur

I should that the Icelandic tax authorities for being so awesome in making everything so easy.
One thing that always made me crazy in Canada was the fact that taxs were complected stuff, and unless you were a single person with no dependents, write offs or investments, you needed to pay someone to do your taxes. In fact to even file yourself online costs money.
In Iceland, everyone files online and it's free.

At Skattur.is you just type in you kennitalla, password (in your Internet banking), and your in, and they already know everything about you! All you really need to do is look it over and give it the OK. Done.

Taxes are due in on March 23, but I suspect that this year, like every other, we will apply online for an extension to get a few more days to look it over. Because even though I am telling you about my taxes now, I know I will forget until as soon as I publish this post and will not remember until Wednesday when they are due.

Only super silly thing is that despite sending everything in on March 23, or 29th if you get the extension,and it takes until August 1 to find out if you get money back or you owe money(and you need to pay now!).

Nobody knows anything until the first.

As you can imagine, July is a rather antsy month waiting to see if you are rich, or bankrupt.


side note: This song was ridiculously popular in Iceland, back in the day, because skatt means tax - so here is the taxman.





another note: I know I never fit the videos properly in my blog, Im just that lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment