Friday, October 15, 2010

In 7 Days

This past week has been crazy.

There was the birthday party for Stefán and Leópold.

I realized that I better get choppin and check into why the National Registry has Leópold under drengur (boy). Davíð was asked if his sons name was actually Drengur. Seriously. I think we may have forgotten to register his name and will be fined soon...

We got the bill for the car being towed. Not a nice situation. The city can tow your car out of your own parking spot if it is not being used, and charge you for it.  I guess they can even come into your yard and taker a car if someone complains. So now we know, nearly 30 000 ikr later, just because we pay for that parking spot does not mean that we can park our car there until we get it fixed. It might offend someones eyes.

I lost my wallet for 6 days. Saved a lot of money too because I didn't want to admit I had lost it so I just didn't buy anything for almost a week. Then I found it in with the unmatched socks.

Leópold got some flu with a headache and crazy fever for three days straight. No amount of Tylenol seemed to help and he could not see a doctor because it is at least a weeks wait for an appointment. The fever is gone now but he is still a little on the cranky side.

Parent teacher interviews with Stefáns teacher went amazingly well. She says he is nearly perfect. Excellent math, one of the best readers in the class, well behaved, listens - I was so proud I was probably glowing. Then Kasper tells Stefán that no one wants to friends with a kid who is always good and it would be better if he did bad in math or something.  I could not believe that I overheard that and had to take several deep breaths before snapping.

Kasper's meeting was postponed until next Wednesday, but that didn't stop me from fighting with his special ed teacher in the hallway this week. Turns out she is not actually teaching him anything and just lets him play computer games for 40 minutes a day. She says otherwise he does not want to come to class. I said I don't see any reason for him to go to class to play computer games, he can do that at home.

The Police officer who lives down stairs from us threw a tantrum and screamed at one of my other neighbors (Gulli) because someone was in his parking spot on Sunday. Gulli explained that it was his 4 year old daughters birthday and they had family over for the party, he was sorry but they probably didn't know what spots belonged to who, and that it would not happen again. I was just shocked. Really, our parking lot has more parking spaces then it has people in our building. It is not possible to run out of parking, even if everyone was having a party, there would be parking spots to spare.

I went to the town office, got my tax forms, then was told I would have to go to another town, really, to get them stamped then return them. A half hour drive for a stamp, while I am looking at a whole office full of people drinking coffee. What kind of system is this? All these people standing around and they dont know how to use a stamp?  I know where the government could save money, they could cut back on the government.

All in all, it has been a long week, and I dont feel that I got anything done.

I think it is almost nap time.

2 comments:

  1. I was feeling tired this week from all the Homecoming/Football activities at school until I read about your crap week. Hope it's looking up for you! (And I fully agree with everything you said about Facebook in your other post. I keep toying with doing away with it completely but I'm too scared of being out of the loop.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice - I think things can only get better! And I loved you pictures from the school. It looks like a great place to be.
    I understand the loop thing. Its actually the only place that you can keep up on family events around here, birthday party's for kids are facebook events and if you miss that you miss the party...
    CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete