Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Birthdays

First thing first, Today is my little brothers birthday.

The little guy we call Tye, the one that used to save moldy sandwiches in tool boxes, refuse to change his clothing and brush his teeth, is growing up. Is grown up. The sandwiches are gone, he does laundry, brushes his teeth and has a family now. The years are going by so fast. Next thing you know we will be ordering his walker.

So, Happy Birthday Tye. Or as we say in Iceland, Congratulations (for making it another year I guess). And Congratulations to everyone know knows Tye, on the chance of having Tye in your life for another year.

My Birthday was on Monday and while I was feeling a little sorry for myself for at least half the day I was very very happy when Davíð took my to the city for Sushi and icecream. Best date ever.

Funniest part was, while we were driving to the city Davíð's parents were driving to Keflavík. In fact, we must have passed them on the highway. They were coming over with cake, and I wasnt home! It was a little awkward but then we all met for the dinner and dessert and Inga and Rob paid as my gift and Davíð bought me some gardening supplies for my little garden and window plants.

It was also my Anniversary, the Birthday of my marriage, last Sunday. But, like most years, it was over looked thanks to being the day before my birthday. I am considering changing on of those days.

Today is Kasper's friend, Bergvín's, birthday, and while I tend to give him a hard time, he really is a good kid and I am grateful that my kids are friends with good kids.

The next two weeks are also packed with birthdays, visitors and partys. While I will have buckets to write about I will need to drink more coffee in order to get it all in.

Thats all for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment