Friday, June 18, 2010

4 years

Yesterday, June 17th, is Iceland Day, or Independence Day - for Independance from Danish something or other, but more imporantly,
June 17th marks the 4th full year I have spent in Iceland - straight.
They say no man is an island, but I think this is getting pretty close.
In the last 4 years:
  • I have had one more child, Leópold
  • I have not learned Icelandic well enough to hold a conversation
  • I have learned enough Icelandic to evesdrop
  • I have lived in six different apartments trying to settle, I think thats done now
  • I have had six different jobs, but am now just staying home with the kids
  • I have made several friends, most have moved away
  • I have quit smoking, for the millionth time, but am sticking with it much better this time (year and a half)
  • I have gone from drinking 10 cups of coffee a day to 1 every 3 days
Short of it all, I have been here four years and I don't think I am even the same person who moved all that time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment