Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Whose friends are you anyways?

I am having a little problem with a neighborhood kid.

First I should make it clear that I am not calling the kid a problem.

The problem is that this boy is Kasper's age, in Kasper's class and is sometimes friends with Kasper.

The rest of the time this boy is friends with Stefán, Kasper's little brother.

This leads to a lot of arguing between my sons, arguing that I do not like to see.

It also leads to a lot of hurt feelings between my kids.

So I dont know what to do.

Part of me, a big part, wants to be really controlling, get in there and tell this boy that it doesn't work like this and make him pick one friend or go home.

But I know things don't work this way.

Part of me thinks I should let them sort this out on there own, but because of Kasper's delayed social skills I am a little defensive and feel that I should be looking out for him more.

Either way, my boys know that it is very important to me that they remain good friends, so if this arguing continue I think I might have to step in.

Ah, I don't know.


Who knew parenting had so much drama?

p.s. still have not been able to upload pictures :(

1 comment:

  1. Michal10:32 PM

    One of my friends has a lot of kids, and their rule is that when any friend comes to the house they can play with all the kids, not just one of them. If Mom or Dad smells any exclusion or favouritism, the kid has to go home.

    Drama in parenting? It's only just begun :} Audrey comes home with stories of which girl is friends with whom and why they are no longer friends with someone else . . . this on a weekly basis. I can relate to it being hard to help kids with social skills.

    ReplyDelete