Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Exhausting

Yesterday, after a city trip with a friend to Megastore, I found myself thinking of home.

First of all I was dead tired from walking around this huge store looking at everything, it was really actually very overwhelming, after I amalized, in my mind, every product in the store.

Megastore is some American Store, everything  one price, like a dollar store but a 298 kr. (just over 2 dollars) store. Seems cheap right?

Well a lot of the stuff is crap, goes without saying. Most of it is made in India, probably by small children. But it is not these things that I go to Megastore for, although the 298 clothing is a little tempting to at leats look at, I dont.

I go for the odd seriously Canadian items that can be  found. Not necessarily made in Canada, but just a brand I recognize from home.

Yesterday they had Betty Crocker instant pasta and Kool-Aid. Real Kool-Aid! Actually 298 is a lot for a pack of Kool-Aid so I didn't buy any, but I kinda regret it.

So, while the bright lights, pushy people and shopping causes one kind of exhaustion, the wave of memories that wash over me (and bout of homesickness) that come from looking at the only available Kool-Aid in the country, Orange Flavor, causes another.

4 comments:

  1. Would you have to pay import tax if I sent you some Kool-aid? The unsweetened stuff should post pretty cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it - thank you somuch!
    I dont know your email but would you email me at koster8@gmail.com and I will email you my address!
    Are you craving some dried fish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel2:39 AM

    I think I might have some koolaid in my cabinet..if I find it, you can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get my email? I went ahead and picked up some kool-aid today; only 20 cents each; it is a gift, don't worry about paying back. I'm mamaoliveplant@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete