Sunday, March 07, 2010

Not really event-full, yet I am still tired

Starting with last night I decided to shave my legs. I nearly never do, they are not particularly hairy and razors cost a lot of money here, so I tend to consider it a luxury I can do without.
Anyways, I decided to do it, after seeing some razors on special at Bónus (the cheap grocery store).

After nearly slicing my leg off, I now see why they were on special. Last time I do that! Or at least last time with those beasts.

Davíð's parents also came over with pizza and beers, to visit and watch the election results. The pizza was great, but our Internet was being far to slow to see the results, but everyone knew it would be No.

I still have not double checked, but who needs too?

Then today when I remembered that we were going swimming, I nearly had a nervous breakdown.

After living in Iceland for nearly 4 years I consider myself well adjusted to getting naked and showering with people, but today I really did not feel up to it.

I dont think the 15 bandaids (plasters) on the side of my leg helped the self esteem.

But after crying a bit, or a lot, I did go, and I survived. Guess it was not worth crying over. But the chlorine water was a little painful on my new scratch.

Leópold had a great time in the water, as usual.

Davíð's sister and family were with us. After the swim everyone came over to my house where we ate buckets of bakery goodies.

The kids played for a few hours and the next thing we knew, it was time to get them to bed.

I need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment