Saturday, February 06, 2010

Trapped with homesickness

It pains me to say,
and I do mean 'pains', I have spent a considerable amount of time crying about it,
but I can not come to Canada this summer.

With the worthless Kr. it would cost the equivalent of three months of our income, just for the flights.

We even looked into a bank loan, and they agreed, but the reason tells us that if we can not really afford to take a loan like that.

The plan was for Davíð to work during the summer to pay for our trip, but after the math was done, it looks as though it would support us for the summer and pay for most of the trip, but not enough for us to be able to take a loan with a clear conscious.

So there will be another summer in Iceland.

The good news with that being that we will not have to worry about the apartment, the dog or school from being away all summer.

I can also stop worrying about the boys, who did not want to leave there friends all summer. (I was also a little worried they would have problems finding someone to play with in Canada because there English is not as good as it once was)

The bad news is that I am going rather crazy here.

The planned trip home was something to look forward too.

Hence the feeling of being trapped.

Trapped in Iceland.

Trapped in Reykjanesbær.

Trapped in 961.

To try to fix this I am starting class again in a few weeks and am looking into getting my license (bout time I know) at least then I can leave the house.

We shall see.

And to be honest, some days I think that if I were to go to Canada, I am not so sure I would come back.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:23 AM

    Im beyond hurt that you arent coming to Canada. But I do understand, with how the economy is. And also I think that I would really encourage you to stay. Tee-Hee-Hee. Miss you guys, and Love you lots. Take care
    Janielle

    ReplyDelete