Saturday, February 27, 2010

Online Games

While I admit to having a slight addiction to farmville. there is one far worse out there.
Gameknot has claimed many people, and a few who I know very well.
This on line chess site allows you to have several games going at once with as much as two days between moves. I suppose this is nice for people who are seriously learning the strategy. But these things take time.
It has been more then 5 years since Davíð heard of this game from some friends.
He told Johnny, a housemate we had at the time, and then we watched him waste away in front of the computer. As far as I know he is still there, waiting for his next move.
The my father in law got started. I understand, it is a nice break from things, but it is just as much of an addiction as smoking. He is always signed in or looking to check in on it. Some moves might need to be made...
Now I have lost my husband to this pesky site. For sometime now (I will not mention how long) he has been basically locked in his office playing chess, waiting for the next guy to move.
Its getting lonely over here.
Not that these games are the only offenders. I have a neighbor who has been spending so much time online she is now on medication for swollen wrists (keyboard issues), so with these pills, she can still spend buckets of time on line.
Sometimes it seems that real life is slipping away.
And here I am blogging more.

No comments:

Post a Comment