Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Buns Day

This year we have tried our best to stick with a variety of Icelandic traditions including Bolludagur, or Buns Day.

There is supposed to be something about hitting your parents with sticks, but we skipped that part.

But we did eat far too many of the tasty puffy donut type things, cut in half, filled with whip cream and jam and topped with chocolate.

Although I hated myself for it after, I rather enjoyed these things.

I would also like to note that I suspect that the bakery business helped in keeping this tradition alive. Hardly anyone actually makes there own anymore and the parking lots of ever bakery is packed all day.

I am tempted to call this donut day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:31 AM

    Is the Bakery Packed with Some Bacon too( think of cops you know will understand then)

    ??????????
    Tye

    ReplyDelete