Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On my way to becoming Icelandic

At least as close as I can get without eating rotten shark or speaking clear Icelandic. (I can understand and mumble lots)

Today I printed out the forms to apply for citizenship, something I have been waiting a very long time for, and the process is actually fairly simple.

I need proof of Icelandic lessons, no problem.

I need proof from the National Registry for at least three years, consider it done.

Pass an Icelandic exam, I can bluff my way through anything.

I think this will take about a week, maybe two.

Then it will just be waiting, and that will be exciting.

No more applications to stay every year.

No more 'Beware of the foreigner' Identification card that I am supposed to carry around.

I look forward to having a say in these crazy politics.

I find the whale rather tasty.

I already have an Icelandic sheep dog,
perhaps I should look into getting a horse.

OK, not serious about the horse.

But I am prepared to take on my share of the national debt.

Just call my Kólín :)

1 comment:

  1. Dog shit no problem....horse shit! Thats a problem!

    Good luck with the application :D

    ReplyDelete