Friday, January 15, 2010

Just a few mushroms.

First I should apologize for not blogging in weeks. We are still alive and well, just getting through a small crisis.

You see a few weeks ago we noticed mold growing on the ceiling in Kasper's room. Since Kasper is allergic to mold we moved him into our room while we waited for the offices to open after Christmas holidays.

When they opened the problem was looked at and while we were assured this was not the deadly black mold, they would need to do work on the place and could not guarantee it would not come back. I guess there is a problem with the insulation.

Anyways, we switched apartments and moved about 100 meters over to a building that has never had mold.

Also the same building as my friend Lizzy.

Also an even bigger apartment. 150 meters! Thats three times the size of our place in Reykjavík.

So I have been in moving chaos and have a lot to catch up on, but its coming :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Hey I heard that you sent me an answer on facebook, but im boycotting facebook right now. So we need to send info the emails, and i dont know ur email. I want to know dates when ur coming down!!!! Im so excited, that I just can't hide it, im about to lose control and I think i like it...hahahahahaha
    Janielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got it taken care of. When we got mold in our living room, the maintenance man told me to spray it with Tilex (bathroom cleaner). It worked, but I always felt like it was a cover up instead of a solution.
    Enjoy the larger apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    Look forward to seeing you to Janeille!

    I can not believe these buildings were always molding. Most people say it is from being empty and neglected after NATO left, but I guess this is not true!

    ReplyDelete