Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inspection.

When ever you move rental properties the move out inspection has to be done.
To me this is one of the most stress full thing about moving.
No matter how much you clean and repair, they find something wrong. After all, there is a lot of money to be made.
I have never, in Iceland or Canada, heard of someone getting the entire deposit back.
This move was no different.
While the guys were checking for dust behind the dryer and spots on counters, I was nearly having a heart attack.
I spent so much time on the place, I even painted spots that had come up so it actually looked better then when I moved in, and that was my undoing.
In the entrance hallway, with the light shining on the wall, you could tell I had just painted.
I mean painted less then 12 hours ago.
They asked if I had been painting. I said I had. They asked where I bought the paint, I told then (the same place they buy the paint) and then they told me off for painting.
I, the tenant, am not allowed to paint. Even if there are marks on the walls.
STUPID STUPID
So they are making me pay 15800 KR, a deal they tell me. They could have charged more?
I am a little angry, mostly because it is there fault I had to move apartments, I didnt put the mold there, but I am glad it is done.
Part of me thinks I should fight it but the other part reminds me I have 3 boys to take care of and that is more important.
But I will remember this lesson for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment