Wednesday, December 30, 2009

From the darkness


Probably having a lot to do with the winter darkness, but in Iceland, every window deserves some lights.
It is the small things that help us get through the winter every year.
Lucky for us the electric bills are reasonable.
note: I would not post a picture of my own windows here because they are just embarrassing. I did hang up lights but because I did not have the patience to get last years knots out, I pasted them to the window, knots and all. Looks like clumps. Stefán is dead embarrassed and repeatedly asking to have them fixed. t one time he even told me that if I was trying to make a Santa design it was not very good.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we are past the solstice, and soon daylight will return. Things aren't as bad in England as they are there, but still more dark than I'm used to.
    Funny the building numbers are still up. We used to live in bldg 1111. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed, I am so excited for some sun shine!
    oh, the 11 hunderds, I thought those were the older ones? how maney rooms did you get?
    We still use the same addresses, I live on South Lane, a.k.a. suðurbraut :)
    note to self: must look over these posts again before posting, the grammer seems to be hetting worse and worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were older buildings, but I understand new ones were built after we left. Bases are notorious for building a lot right before they shut down.
    We had 3 bedrooms, as we only had 2 children back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would explain why we have all new appliances. Washers, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, everything.
    We have a three bedroom now but are thinking of 'upgrading' in a few years.

    ReplyDelete