Thursday, November 19, 2009

My dearest Shantell.

My sister, whom I miss so much.
My sister is 13 months younger then me. When we were kids we often fought, sometimes daily, but at the end of the day we were friends.
I guess all big sister’s are a little mean, but looking back, I wish I would have been nicer.
All these regrets come to me know because I have not seen her in three and a half years. In the same amount of time I have only had about a dozen decent talks with her.
She does not have Internet, works shifts and has two boys, combine this with the time difference and I hardly ever get an answer when I call. When I do get an answer it is usually a bad time, or quickly becomes one (kid wants something).
Sometimes I wish I could steal her away to live with me here. We could live together and drink coffee every morning. Our boys would be best friends….Stefan (mine) and Caleb (hers) are only 3 months apart in age. Caleb (hers) is only a year younger. The group belong together. Kasper (mine) would love being the oldest. Dreams.
Mostly I wish I could be there for her. I feel like I am failing as a sister by not being there. I just don’t know what to do.
But I look forward to seeing her next year. I will give her a huge hug, and most likely, cry a lot.
I admire my sister because, while I whine and complain, my sister always tells the cheery side. Things can not be easy, but every time I talk to her she tell me good news. I find her positively amazing.
So if you are ever in Outlook and you want to meet someone who is SO GREAT just look her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment