Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Milk Conspiracy

When I first moved to Iceland, one of the first things I noticed was the milk. It tasted good. The cartons are funny, but most important, it expired very quickly. You had to buy milk every few days because it was only good for a few days in the fridge. Maybe three…
In Canada the mild would stay good, with the help of a hole lotta preservatives, for a few weeks. I was actually used to have milk last nearly forever, so I admit it took time to adjust to the new system.
But adjust I did, in fact I was convinced this was better. Better because the milk was pure, better for you. I admit, it did taste better.
Then something changed, and I do not know when this happened because it still tastes good but…
yesterday on November 16 I bought milk and happened to look at the expiration date and it is good until December 22 ?!?!?!?!?! 5 Weeks!
This can not be right! What on earth are they putting in the stuff now? When did it change and why was this not page breaking news???
Or is it a typo? Maybe they meant to write November?

1 comment:

  1. must have been a typo, the milk we bopugh today expires next week :)

    ReplyDelete