Sunday, October 04, 2009

And I forgot your birthday

Actually, this is not just about one persons birthday. Although I did forget Mona's, Davíð's Nana's, birthday. I remembered it until the day before, then forgot until a week later.
Typical for me.
I am sorry, Happy Belated birthday Mona, I know it should have been on September 30th. George, I have no idea when his is.

What I actually meant to write about here is how we forget everyones birthdays.

I remember my kids and my own. It did not take long to memorize my husbands.

But other family! Forget them every year.

My mothers I know is sometime near the middle of May. Not that I am terribly upset about missing it.

My Dads is December 23, I do actually remember every year around the 20th, then forget until I call at Christmas. Then I feel bad.

I have a pack of brothers, half brothers, step brothers. I know Tye's birthday June 11th, Shantell's is July 1st. In August there is Travis, in October Cory and David.
Eric, I can not even remember the month. We should be closer.

My in-laws, Inga's is January 3rd. Over shadowed every year by New Years ad again I forget every year. I think Robert tries to pretend he doesn't have a birthday so I only know it is in August.

Sister in law, June 16th, brother in law, sometime in December.

So these seem to be the rules, at least for me:
1. The larger the age gap, the more likely I am to forget.
2. Probably because women make a bigger deal about the day, I am more likely to remember when it is then a mans birthday, even if I remember on the wrong day.

but even if I never remember your birthday, it is not I don't care - because I do!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 AM

    Just for a fun Fact Sherry birthday is March 12 just thought to add to you day... Like it really matters any ways any way take care.

    Tye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michal3:57 AM

    I can definitely relate about the remembering until the day of someone's birthday and then forgetting! I hope my family and friends know that it's just me being me, not a slight against them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just for an axtra kick my dad emailed me to tell me that I got his birthday wrong on here, it is on the 22nd, not the 23.
    so so sorry dad

    ReplyDelete