Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A complete spectrum

The day started out terrible, with everything pointing towards a night mare and wishing I would have stayed in bed.

I started out at 6:45 making oatmeal for the boys for breakfast. It seemed to be going well until Kasper noticed the raisins, he says 'actually I want them on the side'.

So I make more oatmeal, I hate to cater to them, but I believe that getting the right start to the day makes all the difference.

So the kids had eaten, I ate Kasper's first bowl and Davíð is getting ready.

Then I get a very bad feeling in my stomach. I tried to sleep off the digestion of the oatmeal hoping that would help keep it down.

I woke up again at 9:30 and noticed my couchsurfer had left to catch her plane. I was a little sad that I did not get to say goodbye.

Then I started puking anyways, I guess I did not sleep long enough.

I spent most of the morning just feeling bad for myself.

Then I hear crying. The boys are home and had been fighting. So I told them they had to play together for the rest of the day and were not allowed to see their  friends.

Then things magically turned around.

Kasper made the hot chocolate for everyone and both the boys finished their homework, without anyone doing any huge amount of complaining.

So I let them watch a little cartoons on my computer, I was so happy.

I had a quick nap and when I woke up my stomach felt better.

Kasper cooked himself noodles then I found out at 4:50 that Kasper's friend, who Kasper had been catching a ride with, had quit Scouts, so we would have to find some other way there.

This was not fun because the next bus was coming at 5:15 and would not get us there in time.

And Davíð was not home so we all had to go....

We went outside, and it started pouring but we had no time to get better clothing...

But we caught the bus, which was late making us a whole half hour late for Scouts.

Sounds like a disaster? Well, I thought it would be, but it was actually OK.

Kasper was happy and better behaved then he has been at any other meeting. I found a pen and paper in my bag so Stefán colored the last hour.

The Scout leader also told me that they would also be willing to make an age exception and start Stefán in scouts this year.

I was so please that I offered the boys KFC afterwards. They were extremely happy.

So we went for a nice little walk, at least it had stopped raining, and the boys had some popcorn chicken and played in the play land.

This is a huge treat, the place is actually rather expensive.

Afterwards we walked to the bus stop home only to find out we had already missed the last bus of the night.

I had no idea they only ran until 8, and we only missed it by 10 min....

So I called a taxi and was robbed blind by the cost.

2000 kr!

After we get here he says it is a set rate to the base.

I am going to get Davíð to call and double check this tomorrow, it seems like a bit much!

Then, at home the boys were still amazingly good. They took the dog out, brushed their teeth, put on p.j.'s and went to bed - no problems. IT was so great.

Now, although I am tired, it is not a bad angry cranky I hate you tired, just a ready for bath and bed tired.

A seriously emotional day!

and I am still pregnant. 

1 comment:

  1. and I found Kasper's cell phone, I was beginning to get really worried

    ReplyDelete