Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Super Flu

It all started Friday night with a sore throat.

Saturday was Robert, my father in laws 60th birthday, so we went out to the house for a big family BBQ. True I should have stayed home, but at this point it was only a sore throat.

Saturday night, Davíð and Kasper start getting sick. Sore throats all around. My throat is killing me, the head ache starts and I get a fever.

Sunday, we are all exhausted, mostly sleep all day.

Monday, although Davíð is starting to feel better, calls in sick at work to stay home and look after me and help out. My fever gets worse, throat hurts, head feels ready to explode. The kids are cranky and not feeling well and Davíð. who claims to be better still sleeps most of the day. Talked to Inga, my mother in law, she got sick on Sunday, same thing.

Today, Tuesday. Kaspers seems to be moving into his lungs more, a lot of coughing, so he is taking the inhaler a lot. Stefán starts with the fever, his mood certainly is not getting better! Davíð misses work again because of a sick family, although he is feeling much better all the time. This is the first day I could leave the house without feeling like I was going to die, and I used it to go to an electronics sale and buy a camera...slept the rest of the day. Again, probably should have stayed home.

We have not seen a doctor, because the hospital told us to stay away. Thanks to the swine flu, any flu symptoms means stay home and stay away. They do not want you to go to the clinic. We were basically told to stay home and sleep it off. And we are trying....

But it seems like everyone we walk past gets sick, the next day.

Maybe this is swine flu?

No comments:

Post a Comment