Thursday, August 20, 2009

Congrats to Kasper

It was a good feeling to bring Kasper home from the dentist today with no cavities! Being cursed with bad teeth myself, it is super nice to see my kids did not get it!

The only telling off was that he should floss more often (who doesn't hear that one), he does floss but maybe not as often as he should.

I am happy for him. The only annoying bits were:

1. They fluoride treated his teeth with out asking. With the fluoride treatments in class and in toothpaste, I really do not know if he needs any more of the stuff. At least they could ask before filling his mouth with it again.

2. A perfectly clear dental checkup still cost us almost 16 000. The government subsidizes the dentist, so we ONLY had to pay 16 000, instead of 26 000 (123 American instead of 201 American).

So, lucky for us nothing was wrong, we might have had to leave him at the dentist as collateral for payment.

OK, I am sure we would have paid for it...

2 comments:

  1. You are paying 16.000 for one boy at the dentist's? What kind of a ripp-off is this?! I never pay more than perhaps 6000 for one kid. You should change your dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats what it cost me last time too, but I think these prices are just going up, like everything else.

    ReplyDelete