Saturday, June 06, 2009

6 Years

Today was is my six year wedding anniversary.

At this time 6 years ago I was getting ready for my midnight wedding.

My sister (who was pregnant, like me), my Dad, Tye, Travis and Cory were around for the event.

Davíð was with his parents, and I heard from him later he was incredibly nervous something would go terribly wrong, but he was wrong.

The Justice of the Peace showed up at exactly midnight, impressive considering she must have been a hundred years old. Her husband was with her and he did not look happy.

The weather was perfect. A beautiful, clear, warm June night at the Alberta legislature grounds.

The fire on the eternal fountain glowed and warmed our hearts.

Drunk teenagers laughed and rolled around on the grass and down hills. This kept the atmosphere playful and I am thankful to them for that.

Memorable moments include the ring not fitting my fat pregnant fingers and the certificate being dated for June 7th, not 6th. The 7th is my birthday and I refuse to have these things on the same day.

6 Years.

Every year comes with challenges in life, I know this. Every year Davíð and I have gone through challenges, trials and life, but this is the first and only year we have had the problems between us and not just in our life. The first time did not stand together.

This has come and gone, everything is fine now, better then ever in fact.

We have improved, our marriage has been strengthened and our love for each other stronger then ever.

This year I learned that you can never take someone for granted. I learned that everyday is another day to show how you feel. And after being really tested, I learned how much my husband means to me.

Marriage takes a lot of work, from both people. I now know that this work is worth it, in every way.

So on this wedding anniversary I am more grateful then ever.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree!!! And can relate to it as well. The funny thing is that we got married on the 5th of June and they dated our certificate to the 6th.

    ReplyDelete