Saturday, May 30, 2009

The party week of the year

And like every other year it starts with Davíð's birthday. He is probably one of the most spoiled men I know.

Yesterday was the day. Kasper made him a wooden bear decoration, Stefán promised him a bike and I had a half finished sweater for him, I meant to finish it so I bought him some whisky to go with it. The stuff costs so much here, it really is only for a holiday.

Then Helgi (a friend from Canada who is studying in Iceland for the year) and his newest girlfriend, who I like much much more then the last one, drove up from Reykjavík. Was that a run on sentence? Anyways, this is a good 9 hour drive.

They arrived about 730, in time for a huge double chocolate covered in candy cake made by the boys.

Then they climbed a mountain until after midnight.

Then Davíð's parents arrived from Reykjavík as well. I do think a little teasing is in order here, he turned 27 this year and his parents will still travel any distance to be there for his birthday. Clearly the baby of the family.

Davíð got shoes from his uncle, money from his grandparents, shirt, socks and a pair of pants from his parents.

Today Inga has been making us great meals, in tradition with any time spent with Inga, and tonight we look forward to another birthday cake.

Helgi left today with a car full of stuff for us to move down south. The house is looking really empty!

And the rest of the week promises as much excitement with goodbyes, packing and shipping, our wedding anniversary, my birthday and a move. Not to mention my 26 week check up.

Now I need to remember to take a deep breath!

2 comments:

  1. Michal2:07 PM

    Happy Birthday Ko-Leen!

    I hope you have a great day celebrating the wonderful person you are.

    And happy anniversary to you both. May you enjoy many more years together!

    Happy birthday David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete