Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pouting

Yesterday was supposed to be my 16 week check up.

I was really looking forward to it because I have been crazy sick and I actually had a lot of questions to ask, so when Davíð and I met there at 1 we were surprised to see the building was closed.

After waiting around about 10 min I called my midwife who was surprised to hear from me. I guess she had meant to tell me that she was not working Mondays anymore and reschedule my appointment. She was actually really sorry that she forgot to call.

I was a little angry now, I had been waiting, and worse, I was about to pee my pants because I was expecting the urine test and now there was no bathroom around.

She said she would call me at 3 or 4 to plan another time.

Day and I half later, I still have not heard anything and am feeling a little unimportant.

The tired cranky part of my brain says 'I don't need a check up anyways, stupid', the more reasonable part knows that I need to be tested for pregnancy diabetes because of how I have been feeling. I also know I need to have soemthing done about this puking because I am 16 weeks along now and have no appitite, puke up everything and have not gained anything.

And my midwife ignores me :(

Well, I go to Reykjavík in 11 days, maybe I should just wait? Although I know I should at least call her...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:37 AM

    Call Inga see what she has to say about all this...

    Is Inga a midwife herself or am I mistaken.


    Tye

    ReplyDelete