Sunday, May 11, 2008

And so on.....

For weeks I have been neglecting my blog.

I have actually been neglecting a few things - a look at my toe nails brought something to light. I need to prioritize things. I need to make time for myself. How could I ever get so busy that I forgot about my toe nails? I guess it is hard to see them under the socks and boots.

I need to call my Dad, my brother, my friends. Dear Canadians: I think of you daily and miss you so much. It is hard to believe I have been gone for almost 2 years now.

I still consider myself completely Canadian, but I have been away so long now I wonder how well I would even fit in if I suddenly moved back. Certainly more culture shock would await me.

I saw a rat for the first time about a month ago. It died in my neighbors back yard. It was huge! I told some people that lived there. For some reason I thought they would do something about it. The rat is still there, slowly decomposing. If a rat, or anything else dies in my yard, I promise to do something about it.

I went tpo a BBQ on Saturday night, it was great and I am sure included the friendliest people in Iceland. Imagine 10 people living in one house, no one related and everyone getting along perfectly? It was beautiful.

Summer is coming and Kasper is old enough for sleep over camps - this is so exciting! A possible date with my husband? This would be nice, I hardly know the guy anymore.
I also loved summer camp as a child and have the most amazing memories of my time in Camp Alexo. I hope Kasper can gain similar experiences as I did.

Stefán will be finishing up and graduating from Playschool - he is so excited. Next year he will go to school with Kasper.

My birthday is coming so soon and I can hardly believe I am turning 28 - where have the years gone? I can no longer think of 30 as old because it is sneaking up on me rather quickly.

Next month is our 5 year wedding anniversary. This too seems amazing to me and seems so unreal. Most people that I meet my age are single, or may have a boyfriend but so few are married and I have been for almost 5 years. How time flies.

Stefán has started trying to walk everywhere alone, after all he almost 5 and he says when he is 5 he will be able to walk anywhere, alone, go to the store and buy himself food and be home alone. I think he will be a little disappointed when he does actually turn the big FIVE.

I have started using a laptop. Davíð gave me his that he bought last summer. This is funny because it is less then a year old and is already missing 2 keys on the keyboard. Is this normal?

Kasper has a cell phone now. It is true, I bought my 7 year old a cell phone and now he stalks me while I work. I get several calls a day from him. If he has school he calls before class, at recess, lunch, end of class, before soccer and after. If he does not have school he calls at least twice every hour for everything, do you think I should put cheese on my sandwich? I should be happy he talks to me so much.

My apartment is almost always full of kids these days. The boys have made friends with some neighborhood kids and our home has become the local hangout. At the moment there are 4 little screamers, and only 2 are mine.

We have stopped driving our car. We uninsured it and are now looking to sell it cheap, spread the word. The price of gas is just to insane for us and we can admit it. I was already taking the bus so this is only really a change for Davíð, but we are much more happy already. This takes a huge financial burden off our shoulders and leaves us money for the odd cup of coffee instead. Everyone has a choice and we have made ours.

I would write more, in fact I should write more - but my head hurts and I must convince these children to go home, it is, after all, 10:45 at night.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Hey,
    Are you sure your turning 28 and not 27? Weren't you born in 81'?
    Janielle
    P.S. Cuz I'm only 27!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am losing my ability to do math in my old age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 PM

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:06 PM

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete