Monday, March 10, 2008

This is life

I have a dozen emails I need to reply too, but I do not know where to start. Everything seems so overwhelming and I am embarrassed of how long I have put some of these things off for.

Where to start now?

Last night we went to my in laws for dinner. It was a fabulous meal, Inga always is the best cook. She looked better then I have seen her in ages. It was good to see. But then I know that not everyday is like this. I am worried, probably over worried. It is a personality problem of mine.

I find myself thinking of all these great things we cam do to help out, then I am second guess myself. I buy puzzles that collect dust on my self. Who am I making feel better.

I am constantly telling Davíð off for not going out there enough. What if something happened? How often is enough?
He says she does not want visitors when she is sick. This could be true. But at the same time I would have thought that she would want more family there because maybe she is lonely.

I can not pretend to know what others are thinking. I do not even know what I am thinking.

I can not control everyone, although these days it looks to me like I am trying. I have to learn to admit these faults in myself.

Ah, and work, don't even get me started! Here is a conversation for you:

Toys R Us: Hey, you want to be an assistant store manager?

Me: Yes!

Toys R Us: OK, we will pay you 280000IKR a month

Me: But I make more then that now, with the overtime.

Toys R Us: As a manager you twill not be paid for overtime, it will just be one rate for the month.

Me: So I would make less?

Toys R Us: Not everything is about the money. Why don't you think about it over the weekend and make us an offer on Monday.

I went home that weekend feeling terrible, I want the job, but I am not so stupid as top sign a contract saying I will make less. I talked to the union Monday morning, they told me what I should be making.

Toys R Us: So have you thought about it?

Me: Yes, and I want 400000 a month, with a cap on the hours.

Toys R Us: That is impossible.

Me: This is what the Union says that I am entitled too.

Toys R Us: How about 300000? Why don't you think about that?

I thought about it overnight.

Me: I think 350000 is OK, with a set review time.

Toys R Us: How about 300000 with a raise in 1 year?

I don't think so.

As it stands right now they are back in Sweden thinking about it while I think about it here.

I am not greedy, I just know what will be expected out of me and I expect to be paid fairly for that.

I am particularly mad about the fact that the other assistant manager makes much more and they tell me that is different. Why is it different?

Those little, well, lets not say.

I am trying to contain my anger!

Good News!

Kasper has an official diagnosis! Everyone always knew there was something a little different with Kasper, now we know. It is Autism. The mild talking one, Asburgers (how ever you spell that) Super smart, doesn't play with other kids, talks lots and lots.

That our boy!

I miss you all and plan to do some real catching up - sooner then later!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 AM

    OMG, I can't believe tha about Kasper, I would have never put him in the Autism catagory. I always thought that with that, that they never talk . WOW that's alot to take in.
    How are you doing, with all of this? Do you have or need someone to talk to? I'm am so sorry for all of this.All's i can say with that is don't forget about stephen, what I mean about that is just don;t forget about him. Cause that's what pretty much happened to us kids when my sister was diagnosised. It's a hard time for all the family memebers. I really hope that you have a good support team in iceland, which i know that you do.
    Also I can't believe that you job is trying tp rip you off. Don't they know thatgreat help isn'tcheap,and also in hard to find.
    Well good luck and all of you guys take care.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love always,
    Janielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:32 PM

    hey, chin up girl! :) God always has a plan for us. Take care and hear from you soon. :)

    God Bless,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete