Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Only in Iceland

can a city worker come in and shut off water for the entire building to do renovations in the one apartment that belongs to them, with out telling anyone what is going on.

The only reason I know is because he knocked on my door asking where he could find the water controls. Not thinking anything of it, I told him they were in the laundry room. Then I go back to my dinner.

After we eat I try to turn on the water for dishes. No water.

I look for the guy that I talked to, it would be nice to know when there will be water again. I can not find him.

So now I am putting the kids to bed with unbrushed teeth and no bathes.

The dishes can wait I guess, but I hope it is not for too long. The boys had some Skyr and that starts to smell fast in the sink.

3 comments:

  1. Just turn on the water he will come back but make sure that everyone else knows so that way there is no problems when you do it and remember when it is turned on it will cause some air in your water lines which in turn causes your pipe to shake so slow and easy does it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 AM

    Plus, if air enters the water pipes, it sometimes screws up the heating system. Then you need to bleed out the air before the heating pipes go back to heating properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is OK, I just left it and the water was back on in just over an hour. It was only a problem because it was probably the hour in the day when I use the most water. You know kids baths and teeth brushing, dishes.

    ReplyDelete