Saturday, August 11, 2007

When you order a single room...

That is what you get, a little room with a single bed.

There is no use telling me off for it, that is just the way things are.

There is no reason to yell in Chinese, I can not understand you.

This is something I found strange when I moved here too (the single beds) but I have heard that it is like this everywhere except North America.

When Davíð and I got a hotel room it was two single beds pushed together. Separate sheets and blankets too. It was a great threat, you make me angry and I push your bed back to the other side of the room.

I asked the manager what was with all the single beds and he said it was easy to change around the rooms with them and they were preferred with hotels.

So there you have it - when you come to Iceland and order a room for yourself, the bed will be child size. If you come with a significant other, prepare for two single beds pushed together where one person will always end up sleeping sideways between the two mattresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment