Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Locked Out

I was so tired this morning, just roaming around the lobby aimlessly.

It was 7:15 and the breakfast opens at 7:30, so I went outside to unlock the doors with my key.

I got outside and realized I left my key inside.

So I stood around in the cold for a while. Some guests that were going out let me in the main doors.

But I was only in the hallway and could not get in the reception doors. I knocked, hoping the cook could hear me from the kitchen.

Hotel guests started crowding around the door so I had to explain why I was standing out there with them, not on the other side of the door letting them in.

Everyone thought the situation was pretty funny.

The breakfast staff never noticed that no one was coming in to eat and no one was answering the phone, they were, in fact, alone.

So we, the crowd, hung around outside the door waiting for Guðrún to turn up for day shift, and just my luck, she was 15 minutes late.

No comments:

Post a Comment