Friday, July 27, 2007

part 6

I went to the employment office where they help people get jobs and we had a good talk. I told them I did not want a 700 kr an hour job and they told me that was what was available for people who were not speaking Icelandic. They also said the wage difference between Icelanders and foreigners is getting bigger all the time and it is becoming more of a two class society.

I have been getting very discouraged, i have applied everywhere and gotten nothing back and then I got a call...


[on my way back from the employment office]

They wanted an interview!!!!
So today was my first!!!! at Hótel Smári for a receptionist job.
I have to admit, the odds are against me, mostly because all the computer programs they use are in Icelandic, but he said he would call me Monday and let me know one way or the other.

I am feeling better about the whole job search thing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment