Friday, June 22, 2007

Stefán's check up

I took Stefan to the doctors yesterday. He was not sick but there were things we wanted looked at while I had time to take him in.

1. That stupid wart on his hand. We have taken him in and had it frozen a few times and spent months putting the medicine on, but it always comes back. The doctor said not to worry, he promised that Stefan would not have it when he got married. So I guess if given enough time the thing would go away on its own.

2. The cyst on his lip. It does not bother him but Davið wanted it taken off. The doctor said one day it would have to be but it would be best to wait as long as possible. He is so young that the little scar he would get now would only grow as he did. Then he would have a big scar as an adult. So that was left alone.

3. The snoring. Stefan snores like a 300 pound old man. It is crazy loud and he even stops breathing from time to time. The doctor perscibed (I can not spell that one and spell check does not seem to know what I am talking about)some spray steroids to shrink his adenoids. We hope this works well, other wise he might need them removed.

We tried the medication last night and he slept like a baby for the first time in I can not remember how long. He even woke up in a great mood, probably because he got more rest.

Last but not least I was put on antidepressants, so lets hope those help. We are starting for four months, then the doctor will see how I am feeling. This culture shock is a real beast.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Good for you, getting the help you need.

    I remember the grey weather in Vancouver bringing my spirits down, and I didn't have to cope with language or culture issues.

    Will pray that these meds help with your transition to Iceland.

    ReplyDelete