Thursday, May 24, 2007

I am hurt

To start from the beginning I ran into a stop sign a few monthes back. This might sound a little stupid but the signs are at all different hieghts here. The theory is that the city workers have no ladders and so they put them up at high as they can comfortably reach. This means some signs are not very high.

I am going to have to do a post on this soon, with pictures, then you will understand.

So I hurt my head. I even cried. It really hurt, but I got over it, but my head did not.

The bump stayed on my head and still hurts when I comb my hair or sleep on that side. It has been hurting for months. I would have went to the doctors but it is a huge expense and Davið said it was a lot of money to spend to have a doctor tell me to just stop running into signs.

Today I decieded enough was enough. After all I was getting very worried.

My appointment was at four. Kristina picked up Stefan for me so I only had to bring Kasper. I spent my 6,100 kr (over 90.00 CAN.) and got some news.

The good news, it is nothing to serois, not anything that would kill me at least.

The bad news, I had managed to damage the nerve endings, or something like that, in my head and I will need steroid injections into my scalp to help it heal.

The other bad news, the doctor would not do it today because I had Kasper with me who was getting completly out of control by this point (this is a little late in the day to expect great things from him. So the doctor said I will have to come back Tuesday. That means paying for another visit.

Now I am thinking about cancelling my appointment that I had made for Tuesday and dealing witht he pain in my head until I am in the healthcare system. Only six more months to go and this paying per visit is really adding up.

I will think about it more tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment