Thursday, January 04, 2007

An update on Marvin

Today I had the opportunity to talk to the school counselor again.

I was very happy to hear that something is finally being done.

I guess there is someone working with Marvin now, not just keeping an eye one him. I have been told there is a program set up between the principle and his parents.

I do not think this will change our decision to switch him schools next year, but it is good to know this next semester should go better then the last.

I was sad to hear that Marvin's parents are very unhappy with me. They did not want everyone to find out what was happening. I can understand that it would not be nice to know this about your own son, but I do not at all regret talking about it.

I do not think this was a problem that would go away on its own.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:44 PM

    I'm glad that something is finally being done, but I am also confused. I was under the impression that you were switching Kasper to the new school now, not in the Fall. Not that it matters. :) I am just happy that matters are in hand at last! That is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted to swith him schools as soon as possible, but it has many steps we did not know of. Like I have to apply to the city first bacause the school is out of his area. Kasper is still not in the system, so there is not school funding for him yet. If I changed schools before the funding started it would cost 73,000 a month, rather then 38,000. It is alot of money. More then the morgage...

    ReplyDelete