Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Always Changes

Everything seems up in the air and everyday there seems to be something that could change it all. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

1. The banks just came out with this strange idea on how to make Internet banking more secure. Everyone was sent this thing in the mail, it looks like a little pager or something on a key chain. When you press a button on it, a number shows up and I guess you need that number for your Internet banking. I do not know if it always changes, or if the bank kept track of who got each pager thing. In fact I know almost nothing about them and it is not like the instructions were in English. I have some Polish friends that thought they were junk mail and gave it to Stefan to play with.

2. Innes, the job I hate, if showing a better side. I now get some free stuff. Yesterday I got a huge tin of hot chocolate because the label got recked during transport. The women in the kitchen who was making my life miserable, is not super nice to me and makes sure that I have lunch with them. She is also looking into having me get a job for just Innes in Shipping and Receiving. They have full time work, overtime if you want it, and it starts at 1,000 an hour for day time work. This is good. I am thinking about it. This women, the only one in Shipping, threw a tantrum and started yelling at me on Monday. I am proud of myself, I held my ground. She yelled and said she would be calling my boss. That is OK. I called my boss as soon as I left the office, she said this women is crazy and calls to complain at least once a week, no mater who is cleaning.

3. Davið might quit his job. He is thinking about it. Maybe there is something better for him to do. It would only be for a while because he plans to start school in September.

4. I changed and extended Stefan's play school hours. It is not that I do not want to see him, I am just so crunched for time I had no choice. I have also learned what a hassle the buses here are and as it was (7 hours a day) I had no time. If I missed one bus, it messed up the whole day. No he is paid for 8 hours a day. I will most likely get him after 7, but at least if we sleep in a little or I miss a bus, it is not the end of the world.

5. Kasper is a big boy now and walks home from School alone! We are so proud. This makes life a little more easy for me.

6. We promised Kasper a television and PlayStation as soon as he learned to read. (We were going to get one at Christmas but were worried it would delay the reading more). So, Kasper basically learned to read in 2 days. It is amazing. He can only read smaller words in Icelandic but I think it is a real accomplishment, and he deserves a PlayStation. I also really think this will help his Icelandic come along much faster.

Well, that is all I can think of for now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:48 AM

    Kudos to Kasper!! Hopefully, once he has practiced for awhile, he will find out the wonderful world that books can open for him!! TV probably would help him with his Icelandic, but I have my doubts about the Play Station. But I'm sure he'll love it when he gets it! :)

    Good Luck if you switch jobs at Innes. I'm glad things seem to be improving there. I wish the bus system would!

    ReplyDelete