Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rain Rain Rain

Are you one of those people who likes the fresh smell of rain?
If so then you should check out Iceland. There is rain all the time. So often infact that it always seems to have just rained.

The last few days that is all it has done. We go between threatning rain, sprinkling, rgular rain and outright down pour.

The grass is growing really well. It looks so long right now it lookd neglected. I would cut it, it is not that I am lazy, I just do not know how safe an electric mower is out in the rain.

I have never seen the kids rain gear get so much use. It almost makes it worth the huge cost. Kasper´s new rain coat cost almost 4 000 kr, and it was just the coat. At least it should make it through more then one kid, if he does not lose it.

Kasper needs rubber boots now. His other ones leak. Everyday I get him from school his boots are on a radiater and he is wearing some spare socks. New boots will cost between 3 000-4 000 kr. I am not looking forward to this cost but it is one that will have to be dealt with this weekend.
I hope we can find warm ones that will be good through the winter.

I have been told it has not snowed in years thanks to global warming. But that means more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment